Welcome Message and Call To Action
Welcome To Faraja Orphans Rescue Ministry
In Kiswahili, "faraja" means "comfort". The Faraja Orphans Rescue Ministry's (FORM) goal is to provide relief and comfort to orphan children in Musoma, Tanzania. FORM was started by Tanzanians for Tanzanian children.
Faraja is an Inter-denomination Charitable Organization established in 2005 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organization in 2006.
The Faraja ministry is based on the Bible passage of James 1:27, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” (NIV) Faraja Ministry believes that taking care of orphans is the way of showing Christ's love and mercy to the world. We believe that, we are the hands of Jesus Christ in this world.
Our vision is to enhance all required basic rights for Orphans from the grassroots level.
Our Mission is to ensure sustainable hope for Orphans, to achieve, promote and encourage them in active participation in informal and formal education, vocational training in order to let them feel mentally, physically, socially and psychologically acceptable in the society.
- God's purpose for the Faraja Orphans Rescue Ministry is to provide needy orphans and children affected with:
- Basic needs of food, clothing and education
- Assistance with medical care, hospital costs and health education
- Families who will provide love, care and shelter
- Spiritual care and encouragement for the children and their foster families
- Christian education through weekly teaching and an annual vocational Bible study
- In addition, Faraja Ministry works to create awareness in the community about HIV as the major cause of orphans losing their parents